Abrasive Wheels Training Course
3 Hour Course
The BAF Abrasive Wheels training course is structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets the requirements of PUWER.
This abrasive wheels course is suitable for all operators, supervisors and managers, who as part of their working duties select, mount, use or inspect abrasive wheels. Covers all types of cutting an grinding application (Angle Grinders, Chop Saws, Bench/Pedestal Grinders, Disc Cutters, Cut-Off Saws, etc).
Outline of the BAF Abrasive Wheels Training Programme:-
- PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)
- HSE Publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”
- Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Types & Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel
- Making of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Operating Speeds for Abrasive Wheels
- Guards, Rests & Accessories
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Produces
- Hazards & Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspection, Testing for Damage & Reporting Defects
- Handling & Storage
- Theory Test (multiple choice), with Practical Exercises.
The abrasive wheels qualification course is a ½ day course. On successful completion of the course a 3 year nationally recognised BAF accredited certificate.
Our abrasive wheels training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- Candidates should be at least 16 years old
- Each candidate must Supply all their own PPE.
- For “on site” training certain criteria will need to be meet, please contact us for full details.
Abrasive Wheels Course Reviews
Tutorcare is rated 8.6 out of 10. Based on 4 client reviews.