CITB - Plant Management Safety Training Scheme
This PMSTS training course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare, environmental and legal responsibilities relevant to the individuals workplace. This PMSTS card will equip them with the base knowledge and skills to contribute to a safely managed workplace involving plant activities.
Outline of the PMSTS (Plant Management Safety Training Scheme) Programme:-
- Understand the Health & Safety Act and Relevant Plant Legislation
- Responsibilities, Offences and Penalties
- Carry out Risk Assessments and Produce Method Statements
- Plant Movement
- Demolition, Noise and Vibration
- Accidents, First Aid and Occupational Health
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Overhead and Underground Services
- Excavation Safely
- Environmental Management
- Dangerous Substances
- Combination of group/individual projects and a multiple choice assessment paper taken on the last day.
The Plant Management Safety Training (PMSTS) Training Course is covered in 5 days and it is mandatory for the candidate to attend all 5 days in sequential order. This course can be carried out in a 5 day block or 1 day a week over a week period with each day being approx 7 hours and typically starting at 8am. This course is classroom based. On successful completion of the course a 5 year nationally recognised CITB PMSTS certificate will be awarded.
Our Plant Management Safety Training Scheme (PMSTS) training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
After 5 years a 2 day PMSTS Renewal training course can be taken but the candidate must provide a copy of their current and valid 5 day CITB PMSTS certificate as proof to be eligible to attend.