Asbestos Awareness Training Course
½ Day Course
The UKATA Asbestos Awareness course is designed for employees whose work has the potential to expose them to asbestos, so anyone who is likely to disturb the fabric of a building in any way such as drilling, chasing out, etc.
This asbestos training course
meets the HSE’s requirements on working with asbestos and demonstrates practically how to protect your workforce.
Main Groups of Workers Deemed to be at Risk:-
- Painters & Decorators
- Joiners & Plasterers
- Gas Fitters
- Building Surveyors & Architects
- Construction & Demolition Workers
- Heating & Ventilation Engineers
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- Telecommunication & Computing Engineers
- Cable Layers
- Shop Fitters
- Insurers & Solicitors
- General Maintenance Staff (e.g: Caretakers)
Outline of the UKATA Asbestos Awareness Training Programme:-
- To Comply with Requirement 10 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 & the Latest HSE Regulations
- Identify Locations, Products and Materials Likely to Contain Asbestos
- Why Asbestos is So Dangerous
- Properties of Asbestos & its Effects on Health
- Potential Operations that Could Result in Asbestos Exposure
- Types of Preventive Controls to Minimise Exposure
- Practical Demonstration of Asbestos Surveys & What Should be Included
- Safe Working Practices Including Control Measures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Emergency Procedures
- How Asbestos is Removed
- Theory Test (multiple choice), with Practical Exercises and Group Participation
The asbestos awareness training course is a ½ day course. On successful completion of the course a 1 year nationally recognised UKATA Category A – Asbestos Awareness Training certificate will be awarded.
Our asbestos awareness training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- Candidates should be at least 16 years old
- The UKATA Category A - Asbestos Awareness Course is Not Appropriate for Asbestos Removal Workers.
- For “on site” training certain criteria will need to be meet, please contact us for full details.
- If you have No Intention of Removing Asbestos but Work on Buildings Built or Refurbished Before 2000, Asbestos Could be Present.