Fire Risk Assessments
Fire Prevention through Risk Assessment
The new Fire Safety Order consolidates all previous fire safety legislation, with the emphasis on fire prevention through risk assessment. Ensuring your premises, property and lives are protected from the risk of fire is vital, and a Fire Risk Assessment is an integral part of this.
Fire certificates have been abolished and no longer have legal status. You must now have a Fire Safety Risk Assessment.
Legal responsibility for complying with the Fire Safety Order rests with the 'responsible person'.
How do you know if you're affected by this, are you:-
- Responsible for a Business Premises ?
- In a Licensed Property ?
- An Employer ?
- A Charity or Voluntary Organisation ?
- A Contractor with control over a Premises ?
If the answer is "yes" to any of the above, then we can help - Contact Us Today
Contents of a fire risk assessment
Our reports typically include observations and findings relevant to the following:
- Description of property and the applicable legislation
- General property information including number of floors, use of premises, occupiers and basic risk level
- Fire hazards and ignition sources, including electrical sources of ignition, heating, cooking, arson, storage, house-keeping, building work and outside contractors
- Means of escape, including fire exits, protection of escape routes, structural integrity and external exit routes
- Emergency lighting including maintenance and records.
- Signs and notices.
- Fire alarm and fire warning arrangements, including fire and smoke detection.
- Fixed and portable fire extinguishing equipment and installations including fire extinguishers and maintenance.
- Management of fire safety including fire routine, emergency plan and record keeping.
- Access for fire fighting and fire fighter safety including staircase and corridor ventilation.
- An action plan providing recommendations to rectify any deficiencies found during our assessment including a priority order for completion and guideline budget costs.
Our fire safety risk assessments can be carried out anywhere in the UK as we operate on a nationwide basis. Upon completion of your fire safety risk assessment we will provide you with a report, in a user-friendly format, which will help you to understand any issues we find and allow you to deal with them in priority order.
Substantial discounts are available to customers requiring fire safety risk assessments at multiple premises.
Our assessments are carried out by experienced and knowledgeable fire risk assessors and fire consultants who are fully qualified to carry out this type of work. When our fire risk assessor visits your premises, he will spend time with either the Responsible person (property owner or tenant) or in their absence the competent person (a designated person who is responsible for daily fire safety). He will go through your fire safety procedures and your emergency plan and advise of any areas which may require improving.
We also offer- fire training courses