CIEH Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
The Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness is designed to help employees recognise fire safety issues in the workplace, and understand how to react when the fire alarm sounds.
Outline of Level 1 Fire Safety Awareness Programme
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens)
- Procedures in the event of a fire
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment
- The fire triangle
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive)
- Reporting fire safety issues
- Portable fire-fighting equipment
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment
Designed for: all employees:
- those with no specific fire-safety role
- those undertaking induction training
- as an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
Minimum 3 hours, half day course
15 multiple choice question examination
Our Level 1 CIEH Fire Safety training courses are competitively priced and we guarantee to beat any equivalent training quote.
We have access to scheduled fire safety training courses at convenient locations across the UK. Use our quick search facility to find the right open course, in the right place, at the right time.
Alternatively we offer a nationwide service to deliver in-house fire safety training courses at your premises or an organised location. To discuss your options please contact us.