CIEH Level 3 Award IN Fire Safety Risk Assessment And Control
The CIEH Level 3 Award in Fire Safety Risk Assessment and Control helps candidates consolidate and develop their existing knowledge of workplace fire safety. Candidates gain a thorough understanding of the formal fire risk assessment process for non complex, low or normal risk premises that do not contain high risk associated with the work or building features.
This Level 3 fire safety training qualification has been developed either to:
- Support ‘responsible persons’ (usually employers or landlords) who wish to undertake their own fire risk assessment
- Enable ‘responsible persons’ to appoint an appropriate person to undertake the fire risk assessment on their behalf
Successfully completing this fire safety level 3 qualification from the CIEH will enable candidates to:
- Conduct a fire safety checklist in their work area
- Conduct a fire risk assessment in a low or normal risk premises (assuming candidates have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to fire safety and the activities/environments/issues being assessed
- Organise and implement a fire risk assessment programme or contribute to an existing programme
- Participate in the identification of specific fire safety training needs through fire risk assessment
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of fire safety in their workplace
- Self-evaluate their knowledge and skills, and to seek help where necessary
Outline of Programme
This qualification covers the following topics:
- The importance of fire safety in the workplace
- The reasons for using a fire risk assessment and the principles involved
- How to link the principles of fire risk assessment to practical examples of workplace and activities
- How fire risk controls are used in the workplace
- How to use the findings gained from a fire risk assessment to improve the safety of the workplace
- How to apply the knowledge of fire risk and control in a practical setting
Responsible person in non-complex, low or normal risk premises who wish to carry out their fire risk assessment, or those who assist them in fulfilling this duty
Three day fire safety training programme (18 Hours) plus six guided learning hours for further research and trainer support before commencing the assessment activity.
Draft fire risk assessment based on candidates’ own work environment
CIEH Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles (or equivalent)
Our CIEH level 3 Award in Fire Safety Risk Assessment and Control training courses are competitively priced and we guarantee to beat any equivalent training quote.
We have access to scheduled fire safety training courses at convenient locations across the UK. Use our quick search facility to find the right open course, in the right place, at the right time.
Alternatively we offer a nationwide service to deliver in-house fire safety training courses at your premises or an organised location. To discuss your options please contact us.