Find a first aid course to suit your needs
We offer a full range of first aid training courses at centres throughout the UK. Use our QUICK SEARCH FACILITY to find and book open courses online. We also run 'on site' first aid courses at your premises or at a local venue of your choice.
High Quality First Aid Courses
We are committed to delivering high quality first aid courses and offer a consultative approach to your first aid training needs.
Our first aid training courses are a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical sessions that are designed to develop ability and most importantly practical confidence.
On the 1st of October 2009, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) implemented new rules for employers on first aid at work. Employers must by law carry out a first aid training needs assessment. There are now two types of first aiders: First Aid at Work Training (3 day course) and an Emergency First Aid at Work (1 day course). In addition, the HSE now recommends that all First Aiders attend annual refresher training of 3 hours.
We offer the following first aid training courses:
- Emergency First Aid at Work Course (HSE) - This HSE approved, 1 day training course is for individuals who are required to act as an Emergency First Aider at Work with the emphasis on preventing situations from becoming worse and maintaining life until help arrives.
- Annual First Aid Refresher Course (HSE recommended) - The HSE strongly recommends that both Emergency First Aiders at Work and First Aiders at Work undergo this 3 hour first aid refresher training course annually to ensure they are up to date with current procedures and to keep their knowledge and skills fresh.
- First Aid at Work Course (HSE) - This HSE approved 3 day first aid at work course is for individuals intending to act as a First Aider at Work. The course will provide attendees with the skills and knowledge necessary to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries and illness and maintain care and comfort of the casualty.
- First Aid at Work Refresher Course (HSE) - Available to qualified First Aiders at Work who would like to renew their First Aid at Work qualification.
- Paediatric First Aid Course - This comprehensive paediatric first aid course is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the requirements of Ofsted. It is suitable for Childminders, Nursery and School staff (dealing with foundation stage).
- Paediatric First Aid Basic Course (6 Hours) - This paediatric first aid course is suitable for nannies wishing to join the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR). It is also relevant for Au Pairs, Babysitters, Parents and anybody who cares for children who needs a basic course.
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Course - We are able to offer a half day course in Automated External Defibrillation which conforms to the current Resuscitation Councils (UK) guidelines.
- Anaphylaxis First Aid Course - This half day course is suitable for anyone who requires training in how and when to use an auto injector in the treatment of anaphylaxis.
We use the very best instructors all of whom have a wealth of experience in their subject knowledge and come from an operational first aid background – including Paramedics, Nurses, Military Medics and Fire Fighters. We believe the best people to provide first aid training are experts who have had years of experience dealing with real emergencies. Having first hand knowledge and experience enables them to relate the training to real life scenarios making the training interesting and relevant for attendees.
Our first aid training is fully approved by the Health & Safety Executive - approval number 68/08.
First Aid Courses Reviews
Tutorcare is rated 9.4 out of 10. Based on 14 client reviews | Login to rate.