PROFESSIONAL DRIVER FIRST AID (CPC) TRAINING COURSES
We offer Professional Drivers First Aid (CPC) training courses at centres throughout the UK. Use our QUICK SEARCH FACILITY to find and book a course online. We also run 'on site' Professional Divers First Aid (CPC) courses at your premises or at a local venue of your choice.
This Professional Drivers First Aid (CPC) training course will give you all the necessary first aid skills and confidence to administer first aid in emergency situations while on the road. It covers spinal injury, unconscious casualty, bleeding, resuscitation, safer handling and moving, and emergencies in public.
In 2008 and 2009 an EU Training Directive, commonly known as Driver CPC, came into force requiring all PCV and LGV drivers to complete periodic training. Drivers must complete 35 hours of training within rolling five year periods. All periodic training courses must be approved by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT).
- New drivers who acquire a vocational entitlement after the 10 September 2008 (PCV) and/or 10 September 2009 (LGV) will have to obtain the Initial Qualification to drive professionally
- Existing drivers who held a vocational licence prior to the 10 September 2008 (PCV) or the 10 September 2009 (LGV) are exempt from the Initial Qualification (known as acquired rights)
- All drivers must complete 35 hours Periodic Training every five yearsfollowing their acquired rights or Initial Qualification. Existing drivers must complete their Periodic Training by September 2013 (PCV) and September 2014 (LGV)
- All training must be approved by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT) with qualification details uploaded onto the DSA database within five working days of course completion.
The programme covers:-
- Spinal Injury: responding to a casualty with suspected spinal injury
- Unconscious casualty: recognition of life threatening conditions
- Bleeding: responding to a casualty with minor or severe bleeding
- Safer handling and moving
- Emergencies in public.
Course duration:7 Hours
The Professional Drivers First Aid (CPC )is approved by JAUPT. We will upload all qualification details to the Driving Standards Authority (DSA) database within the required five working days of the course completion with no additional cost. The certificate is valid for three years, so drivers can requalify within the five-year JAUPT period and the hours will count separately, giving a total of 14 hours towards the total of 35.
Our Professional Drivers First Aid (CPC )training is competitively priced and we guarantee to beat any equivalent training quote.
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session
See more courses we have available for Training in First Aid.