Understand nutrition and the link between diet and health via the CIEH healthier foods and special diets course.
The UK Government is committed to tackling death and ill health caused by diet-related disease. Important to this is ensuring caterers understand the link between diet and health. This qualification has been designed to provide a good, basic understanding of nutrition. This CIEH course is suitable for all in employees in catering, healthcare and education sectors who have involvement or responsibility in the selection of ingredients, menus and recipes.
Course Outline: Healthier Food and Special diets course
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understand the requirements of a balanced diet and it positive effect on health
- Identifying differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- Knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
- Course duration: 1 Day Programme
- Assessment method: Multiple choice examination
Our training courses are competitively priced and we guarantee to beat any equivalent training quote.
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
Staff should not be expected to be on duty
Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session
View more of TutorCare's list of courses related to Food Safety & Hygiene