Award for Under Age Sales Prevention(AUASP) Level 2
The qualification you need to ensure you know the law with regards to age-restricted products, teaching you what the age restrictions are and the skills needed to refuse underage sales.
Part 1: Unlawful Sales
- Why the law restricts sales of certain products
- Authorising alcohol sales
- The law relating to underage sales and serving drunks
- The law relating to other age-restricted products
- Summary of age-restricted products
Part 2: Preventing Unlawful Sales
- Refusing service to people intoxicated by alcohol
- Refusing service of alcohol to underage persons
- Refusing service of other age-restricted products
- Standing your ground and seeking support
- Record keeping
- Assessment: Multiple-choice examination
- Alternatively: due diligence can be achieved by using the course workbook for self-study and the Declaration of Training Card can then signed by the Designated Premises Supervisor.
Who should take this award?
Anyone whose job role involves them in the retail sale of age-restricted products such as alcohol, tobacco, knives, lottery tickets etc, including bar and counter staff in pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants, off licences, supermarkets and convenience stores.
Duration: ½ a day
Awarded by: Education Development International. (EDI).