SCOTTISH AWARD FOR LICENSED PREMISES STAFF (SALPS)
This award fulfils the legislative requirements for all staff selling or serving alcohol in Scotland from 1st September 2009 using an easy-to-follow interactive workbook.
The course covers 16 topics in order to fulfil statutory requirements:
- The legal basis of the requirement for the training of staff or serving alcohol
- Licensing and the licensing objectives
- The definition of alcohol in the Act
- What constitutes an unlicensed sale
- The functions of Licensing Standards Officers
- The different types of licence conditions
- National mandatory licence conditions
- Special provision for clubs
- Licensed hours
- Offences under the act
- Proof of age
- Test purchasing of alcohol
- Best practice as regards service and refusing service
- Units of alcohol and alcoholic strength
- Sensible drinking limits
- Good practice in managing conflict situations
Who should take this qualification?
Anyone in a job that involves selling or serving alcohol in licensed premises, other than a Personal Licence holder
Assessment: Completion of the course and workbook with the Statutory Declaration of Training Received card signed by both the trainer and leaner.
Duration: Minimum of 2 hours.