LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Archive for the ‘Retail and Licensing Topics’ Category

Training Hub – articles for training

Posted: September 8th, 2017 by TutorCare comment-icon Comments disabled

We are shortly retiring all content from this section of the site. A new section Training Hub is now available.  All relevant content is being moved here and will have the latest up to date articles regarding training programmes and platforms tha Tutorcare offers.  Comments have now been disabled in this blog but are available from the Training Hub. New articles in the tutorcare training hub include;   Abuse: Vulnerable adults and common signs Personal skills – what do health… Read more »

Food Safety In Restaurants

Posted: January 29th, 2017 by TutorCare comment-icon Comments disabled

You are what you eat. Everyone loves food, in whatever way it comes, we all need food and crave it. First, comes the hunger, the imagination of the desired meal, the anticipation of the meal, the sight, the colours, the texture, the aromas, and then the climax of that first taste.   Eating is one experience to be enjoyed and savoured as much as it is a necessity for sustenance. The importance of food can never be overemphasized.   The… Read more »

Why companies should outsource their training needs

Posted: October 8th, 2016 by TutorCare comment-icon 1

One of the main reasons companies outsource their training needs is to save money. How they manage training basically comes down to reducing costs. While training reduces mistakes, improves customer retention and is core to developing an effective staff, the bottom line is always about money. Investing in outsourced training may come with an initial outlay but the benefits of utilising a professional training provider can offer a return that goes far beyond the actual training sessions. Training, for many… Read more »

Retail and licensing qualifications explained – Scotland

Posted: December 24th, 2012 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

The legal requirements for licensed premises and personal licence holders are different in Scotland compared to England and Wales, which can make it difficult to know which training courses need to be taken and which qualifications need to be attained. To help you work out which training you need to take, alongside other vital courses such as health and safety training and first aid training, here is a quick guide to retail and licensing qualifications for people working in Scotland…. Read more »

Retail and licensing qualifications explained – England and Wales

Posted: December 22nd, 2012 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

When you run a premises which sells or serves alcohol, you are required by law to hold a personal licence of some sort, depending on the nature of the premises and your position in the business. This means that along with the usual health and safety training, you will also need to undergo training in order to get your licence. Many retail and licensing training courses are available, but it can be tricky to know which you should be undertaking…. Read more »

A quick look at retail licensing qualifications

Posted: July 17th, 2012 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

When you work within the licensed retail sector, there are certain qualifications you may need to attain. If you are feeling a little confused as to what all the qualifications are and which you need to go on a retail licensing training course to attain, this guide should prove very helpful. SCPLH This is the Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH) Level 5, and it is for anyone who is in a role in which they are required to… Read more »

A quick guide to retail and licensing training and qualifications

Posted: November 24th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

If you are a manager or a supervisor of a licensed premises, you will to undergo certain training in order to legally meet the demands and responsibilities of your position. The same goes for staff members hoping to obtain a promotion to one of these positions. There are two main qualifications available in England and Wales. There are separate qualifications available for people who work in licensed premises in Scotland, where regulations and licensing laws are different. National Certificate for… Read more »

Understanding your responsibilities as a bar staff member

Posted: March 19th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

If you work in a bar, restaurant or any other premises that serves alcohol, you have a responsibility to fully understand licensing laws and apply them to your work. So, what do you need to know as a member of a bar team? • What alcohol is and how it effects the body and its functions • The key points of the Licencing Act (2003) • Your duties to prevent the sale of alcohol to people who are underage (protecting… Read more »

What it means to be a personal licence holder

Posted: February 18th, 2011 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

If you own a personal licence, it means that you are legally responsible to authorise the sale of alcohol according to the requirements of the 2003 Licensing Act. Without this licence, you will not be able to work as an on-duty manager or supervisor in bars, pubs, restaurants, off-licences, nightclubs, supermarkets, sports and social clubs or gig venues. Being a personal licence holder comes with a number of important responsibilities. For example, you will be accountable for: • The responsible… Read more »

Own a bar, club or restaurant? Ensure your staff undergo the right training

Posted: January 8th, 2011 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

If you own a bar, nightclub, restaurant or any other premises (i.e. supermarkets, sports and social clubs etc) which serves alcohol, you or your managers will need certain qualifications to ensure you adhere to current licensing laws. These qualifications can be acquired through the right training courses. So, what qualifications will you need to obey the letter of the law when opening your own premises? Depending on the nature of your premises and the staff you are responsible for training,… Read more »

Training Courses