Maintaining exemplary standards in hygiene and safety is important in every food business, and at every level. Whether you are a waiter in a restaurant, a production manager or the owner of a sandwich shop, you need to be aware of all the issues surrounding food hygiene and your responsibilities as a member of a food business.
For those working at a supervisory level in a food business, you can really benefit from taking a CIEH Level 4 Awards in Food Safety course. This food hygiene training course is specially designed to meet the challenges and issues you may be required to deal with at management level.
After completing this course, which generally takes around five days, you will have a better understanding of the following topics:
- Legislation relating to food hygiene in businesses
- The correct way in which to store food (preservation, temperature control etc.)
- How food can be physically contaminated
- The illnesses that can be passed through food
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene requirements
- Food hygiene training strategies for staff
- How food premises and equipment are designed and constructed
- Management techniques to ensure high standards are upheld
Find out more on Tutorcare’s food hygiene courses available.