LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Gordon Ramsay restaurant breaches food hygiene rules

Posted: May 3rd, 2011 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

According to recent press reports, the celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay’s London restaurant has breached a number of health and safety regulations.

Claridges was inspected by environmental health officials in March 2009 and inspectors found a number of food hygiene issues. For example, a vacuum packing machine was covered with grease and mould was found on fridges and sinks. A customer also reportedly found a piece of cling film in his meal whilst dining at the luxurious Mayfair eatery.

This isn’t the first time Ramsay’s London restaurant has come under fire from food hygiene inspectors, as two years ago pest control teams were allegedly called in to deal with mice and cockroaches in the kitchen area.
Speaking in defence of the latest inspection and its own food safety training practices, Claridges released a statement through Gordon Ramsay Holdings which read:

“This issue relates to a few minor points raised during an inspection in March 2009, which were immediately addressed by the team.

”In fact, the restaurant was awarded four stars which means the restaurant demonstrated a high standard of compliance with all food safety regulations and is awarded in recognition of a robust and thorough safety management system.”

Comments are closed.

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages -

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.