LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

How failing to follow procedure can have catastrophic consequences

Posted: May 31st, 2012 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

A wedding celebration is supposed to be one of the best days of any couple’s life, and yet for one couple, their wedding party had unforeseen consequences for their honeymoon as well as for almost half of their one hundred and eighteen guests.

Little did they suspect, as they tucked into their chicken liver parfait, that it was unfit for human consumption because it had been cooked at 60°C rather than 75°C. Forty-nine people fell ill after the meal, with twenty-two confirmed cases of Campylobacter infection, including the bride and groom, who, were away on their honeymoon in Las Vegas when the symptoms appeared.

The council environmental health officers who investigated the incident found that the hotel had failed to uphold and follow its own food safety policy and procedures, and the hotel was prosecuted and fined more than eight thousand pounds. It was also ordered to pay almost four thousand pounds in costs.

The hotel has subsequently scored five out of five stars for its food hygiene rating, and insists that this was an isolated lapse in standards, which just goes to show the importance of managing and maintaining safety procedures, as even one slip can have unfortunate consequences for both the business involved and its customers.

Comments are closed.

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages -

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.