LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Indian restaurant owner caught breaking fire safety rules for the second time

Posted: October 7th, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The owner of an Indian restaurant in the Cumbrian town of Barrow has been caught breaking fire safety regulations, despite having received a formal warning from fire chiefs once before.

Ferdous Ahmed, the owner of the Mithali restaurant, admitted in Preston Crown Court that he hadn’t adhered to an official Prohibition Notice which required him to stop allowing people to sleep on the floor above his restaurant. The Notice was issued after inspectors visited the property and found that it wasn’t safe for people to live on the second floor, due to a lack of the proper fire safety measures.

The restaurateur is no stranger to prosecution for fire safety offences, as he had previously been convicted of eight offences. For these offences, he was fined £10,000 and given a six-month suspended prison sentence. At the time, Mr Ahmed had far greater control over the running of the restaurant, but was obviously badly in need of a course of fire safety training. In the latest set of charges, the businessman claims he was only running the restaurant for a short period of time. He will be sentenced next month.

Comments are closed.

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages -

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.