LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Blog Post - Page-19

Ramsey restaurant prosecuted for food hygiene failings

Posted: July 25th, 2013 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

The owners of an Indian restaurant in the Huntingdonshire market town of Ramsey has been prosecuted over food hygiene breaches within their business. The Bengal Restaurant, joint-owned by Mr Fazir Khan and Mr Noor Ali, was inspected by Environmental Health Protection Officers from Huntingdonshire District Council last April. During the visit, officers found the following problems: • Staff members and delivery drivers walking through raw sewage from a blocked and discharging drain to gain access to the restaurant’s kitchens •… Read more »

The essential fire safety facts your employees need to know

Posted: July 24th, 2013 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

All workplaces need to have the right measures in place so that all everyone on the premises will be kept safe if a fire should break out. The responsibility for fire safety falls on the shoulders of employers, and a key part of this is education employees on the essential things they need to know in the event of a fire. Ideally, you should send all of your workers on a fire safety training course, or at least a handful… Read more »

Mum backs paediatric first aid training after daughter nearly chokes

Posted: July 23rd, 2013 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

A woman from the Nottinghamshire village of Rainworth is urging parents to take paediatric first aid training after her daughter nearly choked on a lolly and she didn’t know how to save her. 44 year old Siobhan Fullwood, a mother of two, told local newspaper the Nottingham Post that when her daughter Grace started to choke on a lollipop that had come off its stick and lodged in her throat, all she could do was panic. She said the little… Read more »

Automotive supply firm wins third workplace health and safety award

Posted: July 22nd, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The automotive supply speciality Brose UK has been awarded a Gold award for health and safety from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA), for the third year in a row. The company, which is owned by a German family but is based in Coventry, specialises in supplying electric drives and mechatronics systems. At its Exhall headquarters, on premises measuring 11,000 square metres, Brose UK has been working hard on improving workplace health and safety. The hard work… Read more »

Food safety advice – high risk foods and processes

Posted: July 21st, 2013 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

If the right health and safety practices are not followed, many different food types and food preparation processes can pose a danger to public health. However, there are some foods and processes that can be more dangerous than others. For example: • Water bath cooking – also known as sous vide cooking, this involves cooking food in a low temperature water bath for a longer period of time. This can cause problems when the time and temperature combinations are outside… Read more »

West Berkshire gastropub owner in court over food safety breaches

Posted: July 19th, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The former owner of a gastropub in the West Berkshire village of Woolhampton has been brought before Reading Crown Court to face charges of breaching food hygiene regulations. The Angel Inn, formerly owned by Shobna Joel, was visited by health inspectors back in February 2011. A number of issues were uncovered, including food in the fridges that was past its ‘use-by’ date and areas of the kitchen, particularly the floor, which were badly in need of a proper clean. A… Read more »

Dundee football clubs told to improve food hygiene

Posted: July 18th, 2013 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

Both the football clubs in the Scottish city of Dundee have been told that they need to improve food hygiene standards, after inspectors assessed their kitchens and found a number of issues. Food hygiene inspectors visiting the kitchens at Dundee United’s home ground found cobwebs on kitchen units and mould growing on a broken extraction vent. There were also no hand washing facilities in some areas where food is served, such as the players’ lounge. Inspectors also reported finding ‘no… Read more »

Two Bradford nightclubs breaching fire safety rules

Posted: July 18th, 2013 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

Two nightclubs right in the heart of Bradford’s city centre have been found to be breaching fire safety regulations, prompting a demand from the local fire service for immediate action to be taken. The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service inspected 12 licensed premises in Bradford throughout June, as part of an operation launched after a fire broke out at a nightclub in Brazil and killed 242 people. Inspectors were looking at everything from fire exits and escape routes to… Read more »

Preventing slips, trips and falls in the workplace pt.2

Posted: July 17th, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

In your workplace, your employer is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all staff. This means taking all reasonable steps to prevent incidents like slips, trips and falls, which happen more often than any other workplace incident. In part 1 of this guide, we looked at the steps employers can take to prevent slips, trips and falls. However, employees also have a role to play, so let’s move on to things you can do as a member of… Read more »

Preventing slips, trips and falls in the workplace pt.1

Posted: July 17th, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

Slips, trips and falls are by far the most common health and safety incidents that occur in UK workplaces. They can happen in any environment and to any person, and can cause serious injury and distress to the person affected. If the right measures aren’t taken to prevent trips and falls, such incidents may even result in a company having to pay injured employees compensation. There are many ways that slips, trips and falls can be prevented. As an employer,… Read more »

Training Courses

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in D:\Websites\tutorcare.co.uk\wwwroot\blog\wp-content\plugins\twitter-tools\twitteroauth.php on line 201