LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Blog Post - Page-4

Pensioner dies after 42-minute wait for ambulance that was waiting at hospital for five hours

Posted: January 6th, 2014 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

Fred Pring died at home after waiting for 42 minutes for an ambulance, according to reports. The 74-year-old, who had been suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, waited for over 42 minutes for an ambulance, despite a fully staffed and fully operational ambulance service in the area on that particular day. Despite seven ambulances and a rapid response vehicle covering the area on that day in March 2013, Mr Pring died at home while waiting for emergency response when one… Read more »

Care worker files complaint regarding neglect of 91 year old

Posted: January 5th, 2014 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

A care worker, who believes a 91-year old patient was seriously neglected in an NHS hospital, has filed a formal complaint. Joanne Connah, a Mencap support worker from Sudbury, accompanied the woman – who suffers from early onset dementia and bowel cancer – in her own time to West Suffolk Hospital last Thursday. The lady was referred to the hospital after developing an infection but during her four and a half hour stay in the Accident and Emergency department, despite… Read more »

Cambridgeshire eateries receive zero star rating from Food Standards Agency

Posted: January 4th, 2014 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

Five Cambridgeshire eateries have received a zero out of five rating from the Food Standards Agency. The rating is established according to how closely the companies follow food hygiene requirements set out in food hygiene law. When premises are inspected, they are rated for a number of things: Compliance with food hygiene law Compliance with safety procedures Compliance with structural requirements Confidence in management Once everything has been inspected, a score between zero and five is given. At one time… Read more »

Shelley Rudman suffers food poisoning during Winter Olympics training

Posted: January 3rd, 2014 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

There’s less than a month to go until the Winter Olympics in Sochi and Britain’s Shelley Rudman is recovering from a nasty bout of food poisoning followed by a chest infection, seriously hampering her preparations. Rudman is the World Champion in the skeleton bobsleigh and the final stages of training were going well until, in her own words: “I had a little blip on my journey home from Canada to the UK just before Christmas when I was hit by… Read more »

Hospital refuses to make death findings public

Posted: January 2nd, 2014 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

The findings of an inquiry, conducted at Kettering General Hospital, over the death of 17 year old Victoria Harrison in 2012 after a routine appendix operation is not going to be released to the public for fears of “endangering the mental health of staff”, a BBC report details. Despite several Freedom of Information requests – including one from the BBC – over the hospital’s serious incident investigation, the hospital have revealed that they will not be making the report public…. Read more »

Food Standards Agency searches for foreign food labelled as British

Posted: January 1st, 2014 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

Since the horsemeat scandal of 2013, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) have been fighting the issue of authenticity when it comes to foods that our sold being sold as British. After reports of a non-British pork chop being sold as British meat in Tesco stores last year, the FSA will soon be beginning a study involving isotope technology on a number of samples. FSA CEO Catherine Brown has said that the majority of the products tested will be those that… Read more »

Expert warns businesses to maintain fire extinguishers

Posted: December 22nd, 2013 by TutorCare comment-icon Comments disabled

11111

Over 100 Welsh kitchens receive zero rating for food hygiene

Posted: December 4th, 2013 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

Food outlets in Wales are now legally obliged to display their Food Standards Agency (FSA) hygiene rating in a prominent place. This is bad news for over a hundred kitchens which have received zero stars. The ratings apply not just to restaurants and takeaways, but to all food outlets. Among those receiving a zero star rating were rugby clubs, sweet shops and even a primary school. Powys was the county most frequently represented with 19 establishments listed, including Sennybridge County… Read more »

Leicester Chinese restaurant receives heavy fine for food hygiene issues

Posted: December 3rd, 2013 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

The Real China in Highcross has been fined £12,000 after admitting 12 charges relating to food hygiene at Leicester Magistrates’ Court. Environmental health officers attending for a routine inspection found dirty equipment, broken fridge seals and food stored at the incorrect temperature. One of the main charges related to the serving of buffet style food. According to law, such food must be kept at 63 degrees or higher. Fried chicken was found to be 52 degrees and shredded pork 59… Read more »

Bolton nightclub closed for fire safety reasons

Posted: December 2nd, 2013 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The After Dark club in Bolton has been forced to close due to a failure to meet fire safety standards. Fire service officials found blocked exits and emergency exit signs that did not illuminate. It was also found that the alarm was not linked to the sound system and so could not be heard for the music. Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Fire Safety Officer, Wayne Van Hecke, said: “We found the life risk to the public was so… Read more »

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages - OnToplist.com

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.