LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

Blog Post - Page-83

Former fire station in Norwich fails fire safety inspection

Posted: September 27th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

A building in Norwich which was formerly the town’s main fire station has failed a fire safety inspection, thereby delaying a move by new tenants. The tenants were due to move in to the Bethel Street building a week or so ago, leasing the building on a temporary basis to prevent vandalism and squatting. However, an inspection carried out by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service has prevented new tenants from moving in, as officers found that the building is not… Read more »

Cornish tea shop celebrates food safety award

Posted: September 26th, 2011 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

A tea shop in the Cornish city of Truro has been honoured with a prestigious food safety award for its exemplary food hygiene training standards and its healthy food offering. The Tea Shop, situated in Trewithen Gardens near Grampound Road, has been presented with the Gold Level CHEFS Award for offering healthy, locally sourced food and maintaining excellent standards of food hygiene. The proud owners of the tea shop, Mark and Sonya Rogers, will now be able to display the… Read more »

How workplace-related violence can be avoided

Posted: September 26th, 2011 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

Even though a great deal of effort has been made on the part of businesses and organisations to eradicate work-related violence, cases of it occurring are reported all the time. As an employer, it is your responsibility to do all you can to reduce conflict, violence and aggression in the workplace, and the first place to start is with health and safety training. There is a course, the CIEH Level 2 Award in Conflict Resolution and Personal Safety, which is… Read more »

Brockenhurst care home ordered to improve standards

Posted: September 25th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

A care home based in the Hampshire village of Brockenhurst in the New Forest has been ordered to improve its standards after inspectors from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) uncovered numerous problems at the premises. After inspecting the Fernlea Care Home complex, which accommodates people who have learning difficulties, inspectors found that residents were often living in damp, dirty and even dangerous conditions. The building was found to be poorly maintained, and inspectors found mould on the walls as well… Read more »

Nightclub bosses fined for fire safety breaches

Posted: September 24th, 2011 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The owners of a nightclub in the Greater Manchester town of Bury have been prosecuted and fined after breaching fire safety regulations. Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service brought the charges against Kevin Clarke and Stephen Bailey after inspecting three premises in Bury – Cooler Bar, Temptations and Coco Lounge. Numerous issues were uncovered during the inspections, such as failures to install fire alarms, carry out fire risk assessments and ensure staff underwent proper fire safety training. Mr Bailey, from… Read more »

Shetland engineering firm fined over worker fall

Posted: September 23rd, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

An engineering firm based in Shetland has admitted health and safety breaches which led to an employee sustaining serious injuries, and has been fined £26,700 as a result. Ness Engineering was prosecuted after employee David Thomson, 22, fell from the bucket of a telehandler after a piece of metal hit him. He fell up to nine feet to the ground and sustained serious injuries to his back, arm and hand. Lerwick Sheriff Court heard recently that the managing director of… Read more »

First aid training: vital preparation for medical emergencies

Posted: September 22nd, 2011 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

Going on a first aid training course can give you important skills and knowledge that could help you save lives, in a wide number of different situations. Many people go on first aid at work training courses, sent by employers who are legally required to have qualified first aiders. These courses teach participants how to deal with a range of workplace medical emergencies – from bleeding, shock and unconsciousness to injuries and allergic reactions – and these skills can also… Read more »

Healthcare provider admits failings at new care home

Posted: September 21st, 2011 by Craig comment-icon Comments disabled

The healthcare provider Housing 21 has been forced to admit that standards at its new care home in Yate are not what they should be, after several complaints were made about tenants being left unaided for days. The facility, which is made up of 60 self-contained apartments, is designed for people aged 55 or over who need round-the-clock care. The home only opened in January but unsatisfactory staffing levels have prompted a number of complaints already. It has been reported… Read more »

Packaging firm fined for ignoring safety warnings

Posted: September 20th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

The owners of a packaging manufacturer in Bolton have been prosecuted and fined for deliberately ignoring health and safety warnings over a period of three years. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted company directors Yvonne Barrett and Anthony Smith after they failed to ensure that guards were fitted to the machines they used to produce packaging for fast food outlets. These guards are designed to protect workers fingers from becoming caught in the rotating machinery. The company, First Packaging… Read more »

Cardiff council bar fails food hygiene inspection

Posted: September 19th, 2011 by Dermot comment-icon Comments disabled

A private members’ bar in the headquarters of Cardiff Council has failed food hygiene inspections, leaving the council open to accusations that it is “sending out the worst possible message” to local businesses. The bar, which is located in the basement of County Hall, was subject to a series of inspections by environmental health officers. Problems such as a dirty ice machine, food being stored at the wrong temperature and a lack of a hand washing sink were identified. The… Read more »

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages -

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.