LinkedIn TutorCare on FaceBook TutorCare on Twitter
0800 781 2041

The Globe Bar in Hertfordshire gutted by fire

Posted: January 25th, 2011 by Eloise comment-icon Comments disabled

The Globe Bar in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, has been nearly completely destroyed in a fire that occurred last week.

The fire at the High Street bar – located above the Villa Romana restaurant – broke out on the morning of Monday 17th January. Fire crews were called to the property at around 10.20am, but found that the fire had burnt out before they arrived. This was not necessarily a good sign however, as Rickmansworth watch commander Nick Ashman explained:

“The flames probably burned for hours as there was plenty of fuel – including the bar – and there were no windows or doors open, so it would have been a long time before the flames were deprived of oxygen.”

As a result of the long-burning fire, The Globe Bar suffered significant smoke damage and was covered in thick ash and soot.

The cause of the fire has been named as faulty decorative rope lights hanging from the bar, although it is not known whether they had been recently checked as part of a fire risk assessment. No one was injured in the fire, but the bar will be closed until further notice due to the heavy fire damage sustained.

Comments are closed.

Training Courses

Blog Directory & Business Pages -

Healing Cloud
Search through a hand-picked selection of healing sites, and find the healing information you are looking for.