FOSTERING UNACCOMPANIED ASYLUM SEEKING AND REFUGEE CHILDREN
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the experiences and circumstances of unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children. Along with knowledge of the latest research and legislative standards, the training also ensures that delegates are equipped with the specific skills needed to deliver the supportive care required.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understanding of the legal status and position of the children.
- Identify their needs and how to meet them.
- Understanding the impact of the “refugee-making” and the carer’s role.
- Lasting effects trauma, loss and separation can have on young people.
- Learn the specific skills that may be useful when caring for unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children.
Training in fostering asylum and refugee children takes 4 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.