MOVING AND HANDLING OF PEOPLE TRAINING COURSE
If you are looking for manual handling of inanimate objects, please visit this page.
Correct moving and handling of people techniques are going to save a lot of carers from a bad back later in life! Make sure your carers are protecting themselves, and correctly assisting their patients to give them the best support possible.
Delegates will come away from the training with an array of essential practical skills as well as an understanding of the relevant principles, policies and legal requirements with which they must comply.
Outline of Programme
- Health and Safety at Work (1974).
- Manual Handling Regulations (1999).
- Duty of care.
- Moving and handling assessments.
- The principles of safer handling.
- Company policies on handling people.
- The human anatomy.
- Poor and unsafe practice.
- Practical assessment.
- Using equipment for moving people.
- The movement and transfer of people.
The moving and handling of people training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.