SHARPS AND NEEDLES AWARENESS
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is designed for those whose working role means that they are at a higher risk of injury from used and discarded needles, syringes or sharps; this includes those who undertake manual handling as part of their working role, as well as staff working for the local authorities. Training will enable delegates to identify, report and prevent any risks relating to sharps and needles so as to avoid any incidents, although they will also learn to treat injuries should they occur.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Current legislation.
- Identify a sharp and how it can cause injury.
- Risks associated with injury.
- Treatment of injury.
- Reporting injury.
- Understanding of blood borne viruses and tetanus.
- Where sharps are mostly likely to be found.
- Risk assessment.
The sharps and needles awareness training course lasts for approximately 3 hours. Candidates will take part in a combination of activities and group discussions; our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. A written assessment will be taken on completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.