WORKING WITH SUBSTANCE ABUSE AWARENESS COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with a knowledge of the most commonly used recreational drugs and the influence that both these and alcohol have on young people. Delegates will also develop an understanding of different substances, the effects which they have on the body and mind, and how to deal with them accordingly. The training is designed for those, such as foster carers, who work primarily with young people who may be seen as vulnerable.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- What are recreational drugs?
- Misuse of alcohol and its effects.
- Motivations behind abuse of substances.
- Dependencies and consequential behaviour as a result.
- How to spot signs and symptoms.
- Emotional, physical and social impacts.
- Supporting a family or individual.
The working with substance abuse training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. A certificate will be awarded upon completion and is valid for 12 months.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.