SAFE HANDLING OF MEDICATIONS
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is specifically designed for those working within the care sector and dealing with the management of medications. Training will provide delegates with the skills and legal knowledge required to reduce accidents and deaths caused by medication errors, thereby promoting the safeguarding and well-being of individuals under their care. The course fulfils CQC recommendations to improve the management quality of medication.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Legislation and codes of practice.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Medication and risks.
- The medication process, prescribing and dispensing.
- Administration and record keeping.
- Managing a medication error.
- Side effects.
- Storage and disposal.
The safe handling of medications training course takes around 6 hours to complete and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. Successful candidates will be awarded with certification valid for 12 months.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.