STOMA AWARENESS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with both a practical and theoretical understanding of how to provide proficient care and support to those with a stoma. Delegates will learn how to use stoma products, create care plans, and will also gain awareness of the process of stoma surgery. Training fulfils recommendations underlined by the CQC and is suitable for nurses, carers, support workers as well as any individuals who require this specific skill set for domestic care.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Knowledge of the human intestine.
- Understanding of stoma surgery and current care products.
- Practice procedure of fitting, removing, emptying and re-applying stoma products.
- The issues involved in caring for an individual who has a stoma.
- Writing a care plan for an individual who requires support to manage their stoma.
The Stoma Awareness course lasts 3 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.