VENIPUNCTURE AWARENESS COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This theory based course is designed for those working within the care sector and ensures that they are equipped with the knowledge and confidence necessary to safely carry out venipuncture. Training covers the entire process of venipunture, from identifying the vein to safely disposing of equipment. Delegates will also be familarised with the risks involved and will understand how to recognise potential issues and how they should deal with them.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understand why we take blood.
- Relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Equipment used in venipuncture.
- Identifying the correct vein.
- Infection control procedures.
- Recognise potential problems and how to manage them.
- Contraindications and indicators of when you blood shouldn’t be taken.
- Legal aspects surrounding consent.
- Health and safety risks.
- Safe disposal of equipment.
The venipuncture awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. A certificate will be awarded upon completion and is valid for 12 months.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- It is a focused course and so the training environment will need be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.