ADVANCED MENTAL HEALTH ACT CARE TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
The Mental Health Act of 1983 and its 2007 amendments have a huge influence on the care sector. This advanced course is an extended 6 hour version of our Mental Health Act awareness course and covers all aspects of the legislation in greater detail. As well as an insight into the Act, it's influences and why they are important, training provides further understanding of mental health and 'sectioning' so as to dismiss any preconceived misconceptions.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to the Mental Health Act.
- Become familiar with the 10 Millan Principles in the act, as follows:
- Respect for Carers
- Respect for Diversity
- Informal Care
- Child Welfare
- Least Restrictive Alternative
- Understand your rights under legislation.
- Safeguarding and protection.
Our Advanced Mental Health Act training course lasts 6 hours after which a certificate will be issued. If you are unsure which level of training you need, please call us to discuss your requirements.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.