Bipolar Awareness Training Course
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Bipolar disorder is a condition which, formerly known as manic depression, sees people suffering from phases of both depression and mania. This course is aimed towards staff who work with those with bipolar disorder, such as in the care, social services and child care industries. The training ensures that delegates understand the causes and effects of bipolar disorder and the attitudes towards it. Delegates will also be equipped with the skillset required to recognise someone who is suffering from the disorder, and to provide them with the appropriate treatment and support.
Outline of Programme
- What is Bipolar Disorder?
- Causes and effects (psychological, physical and mental).
- Symptoms, characteristics and diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder.
- Dealing with Bipolar Disorder long term.
- Attitudes towards Bipolar Disorder.
- Negative connections such as suicide, drug use, anxiety, self-harm, etc.
- Treatment options, such as medication, lifestyle changes and therapy.
- Understanding of depression and mania.
The Bipolar awareness training course takes around 5 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.