SUPPORTING PEOPLE WITH DEMENTIA CARE TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Around 800,000 people in the UK are affected by dementia, and the condition normally affects those aged 65 and over. In this extended 6-hour course, delegates will gain a deeper understanding of dementia, and how to better care for those with the condition. As well as this, delegates will be made aware of the importance of encouraging activity and independence in someone with dementia, ensuring that they provide appropriate support to the patient and their family.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to dementia.
- Early symptoms and diagnosis, and the importance of this.
- Anxiety in dementia sufferers.
- Encouraging dementia sufferers’ activity and independence.
- Supporting the family as well as the sufferer.
- Managerial role – encouraging a team and working to a specific person’s needs.
The supporting people with dementia training course takes around 6 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.