DEVELOPING THE ROLE OF THE ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is designed for any staff working within the care sector or looking to become a dedicated care home activities coordinator. Training emphasises the impact that activities have on service users in terms of maintaining, and working on, the skills needed to enjoy a good quality of life. Upon completing this training, delegates will have a greater understanding of what an activities coordinator does and how to involve a service user and their family in the assessment of their needs.
Outline of Programme
- What is an activity coordinator?
- What kind of activities can we introduce to a care setting?
- How should activity coordinators involve service users and family carers in designing and providing activities?
- Developing activities to cater for different people.
- Building self-esteem.
- How to keep up to date and informed about new activities.
- Volunteering and fundraising.
Developing the role of Activities Coordinator takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer - Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- We will come to you to undertake the training.
- The training environment will need be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.