DIABETES CARE TRAIN THE TRAINER INSTRUCTOR COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with a general understanding of the challenges faced by diabetics and those helping to manage such individuals. It also prepares staff to carry out preventative and reactive actions that can be taken to allow care agencies to be far more effective. In addition to this, those attending this course will gain the skills and knowledge required to qualify them to teach a diabetes awareness course. This is a great investment for any company, saving time and money as well as ensuring that all staff receive high quality up-to-date training to meet all regulations and requirements.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- The different types of diabetes.
- Effects on sufferer and the carer.
- Identifying the co-morbidities linked to diabetes.
- The principles and benefits of a healthy diet.
- Identifying warning signs and symptoms of hypo and hyper glycaemia.
- How to manage hypo and hyperglycaemic attacks.
- Preventative measures.
- Importance of monitoring blood sugar levels.
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- Engaging your delegate.
- Knowledge of how people retain information.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- How to present information clearly.
- Training etiquettes (do’s and don’ts).
- Evaluation of delegates.
The diabetes train the trainer course takes approximately 1 day (6 hours) to complete and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.