MOVING AND HANDLING OF PEOPLE TRAIN THE TRAINER REFRESHER COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is for those who are looking to refresh their skills in the safe moving and handling of people within a care environment; this will enable delegates to deliver the latest range of moving and handling techniques in line with relevant guidelines. They will also renew their understanding of biomechanics and efficient movement, as well as teaching methods so that they can be sure their trainees take on board best safe practice. Once the delegate has completed the training, the employing organisation will benefit from having their onsite trainer and advisor up to date and able to deliver relevant training.
Outline of Programme
- The background to and ‘dos and don’ts’ of moving and handling.
- The stats on back pain and the costs to businesses.
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations.
- Employer/employee legal responsibilities.
- Back pain and how it is caused.
- Caring for your back.
- Risk assessment tools for moving and handling (activity based).
- Management responsibilities.
- Practical session using moving equipment including: mobile hydraulic hoists, mobile electric hoist, overhead (Sky) hoist, all types of sling, standing hoist, turntables, banana boards, handling belt, slide sheets, Zimmer frame.
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- How individuals learn and keep information.
- Feeding back productively.
- Presenting information.
- ‘Do’s and don’ts’.
The Moving and Handling Train the Trainer Refresher will takes around 1 day to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of involved group activities and, during the teaching part, will be evaluated on their knowledge and ability to train others. This is a flexible course which adds maximum value to employing organisation.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Moving and Handling equipment can be hired for the training at an additional cost, but please do make sure to let us know when you book so we can ensure that there are no mix ups.
- We will come to you to undertake the training.
- The training environment will need to be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.