CEREBRAL PALSY AWARENESS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Cerebral Palsy affects around 1 in every 400 UK children and is associated with communication and learning difficulties, as well as problems with movement. Delegates who attend this course will learn about Cerebral Palsy in people of all ages, and the many different physical, emotional and psychological effects which it can have. The training fulfils guidelines recommended by the CQC and provides delegates with the understanding they need to support and encourage individuals with this condition.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to Cerebral Palsy.
- Importance of early diagnosis.
- Causes of Cerebral Palsy.
- Associated character traits.
- Adapting environments to accommodate those with Cerebral Palsy.
- Common misconceptions.
- The three main types – Spastic (most common), athetoid, ataxic.
- Helping with communication.
- Changing needs throughout their life.
- VOCAs, passports and communication books.
- Disability protection legislation.
- Treating the physical impairment caused by Cerebral Palsy.
- Understand the complexity of the disability and how everyone is affected differently.
- Dealing with difficult behaviour.
- Multi Disability and Visual Impairment (MDVI).
- Therapy – physiotherapy, improving quality of life, helping families to cope, emotional effects, psychological effects.
- Encouraging social interaction and communication.
- Associated conditions.
The Cerebral Palsy awareness course runs over 3 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Special Offer -Make a saving by utilizing a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.