Scottish Adults With Incapacity Act (2000) Training Course
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
The Scottish Adults with Incapacity Act (2000) states that adults (16+) who are unable to make, or consent to, their own healthcare decisions due to a mental disability or inability to communicate, may have decisions made for them by their main medical practitioner, or a medical specialist such as an optometrist, dental practitioner or nurse. This course covers the practical skills and theory necessary to be considered knowledgeable with this piece of legislation and should be undertaken by all carers in such positions of responsibility.
Outline of Programme
- Read and understand the Scottish AWI Act (2000).
- How to fill out a section 47 Certificate of Incapacity.
- Review Certificate of Incapacity if patient’s conditions change.
- Deciding if the Act is relevant to a patient.
- Assessing a patient.
- Preparing reports and requests.
- Realising the possibility of legal intervention.
- Understanding the different legal protocol of emergency situations.
- Legal guidelines and Ethics Committee approval for humane research on incapable adults.
The course runs over 6 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.