PALLET TRUCKS, STILLAGE TRUCKS, LOW LIFT PLATFORM TRUCKS & LOW LIFT ORDER PICKERS
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with the skills required to use rider operated machinery safely and efficiently. Delegates will gain an understanding of the Operator Safety Code, the responsibilities of an operator role, and how to comply with health and safety legislation. Training will also ensure that delegates are knowledgeable about how the trucks operate, and that they are confident in completing risk assessments, site safety checks and maintenance procedures so as to eliminate hazards and other factors affecting safety. This course can be tailored to suit you and is available at beginner and experienced levels, with refreshers also available.
The BITA group for these trucks is A2 Rider. In order to operate a truck with a different BITA code, delegates will need a conversion course.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Responsibility of the operator.
- Health and Safety legislation and the Operator Safety Code.
- Basic hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Refuelling and recharging.
- Daily safety checks and maintenance.
- Site safety.
- Simple manoeuvring and advanced manoeuvring.
- Stacking and de-stacking.
- Risk assessment.
- Vehicle loading.
- Practical and theory examination.
The course is delivered between 1 and 2 days. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training along with interaction in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 2 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.