PIVOT STEER TRUCKS TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This ITSSAR accredited training ensures that delegates are equipped with the skills and competence required to operate pivot steer trucks safely and in a range of environments. An understanding of truck maintenance will also be taught, including how to undertake pre and post use inspections. In addition to this, training will ensure that delegates understand their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act so that they can remain legally compliant. This course can be tailored to suit you and is available at beginner and experienced levels, with refreshers also available.
The BITA group for these trucks is P Rider. In order to operate a truck with a different BITA code, delegates will need a conversion course.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Inspections of the truck before, during and after use.
- Legal operation complying with PUWER 1998, Operator Safety Code, LOLER 1998, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation.
- Stacking and unstacking at various heights with both laden and un-laden pallets.
- Correct assessment and handling of loads with varying weights.
- Hydraulic and motive controls.
- Hazards and risks including circumstances affecting truck stability.
- Confidently operating the truck including steering, starting, stopping and manoeuvring areas with both vast and limited space.
- Refuelling with correct use of either electric, diesel or gas.
- Theory and practical assessments.
The Pivot Steer Trucks course is delivered between 1 and 5 days. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training and are expected to interact in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 5 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 3 days - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.