REACH AND STRADDLE TRUCKS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course ensures that delegates are competent in the operation of both reach and straddle trucks and that they hold a vast skillset, covering areas from working in small spaces to stacking/de-stacking at a variety of heights. Theoretical aspects are also taught in order to improve delegates’ awareness of relevant Health and Safety legislation and enhance their general understanding for better working practice. Training is accredited by ITSSAR and is available at beginner and experienced levels, with refreshers also available.
The BITA group for these trucks is D1 Rider. In order to operate a truck with a different BITA code, delegates will need a conversion course.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Learn about Operational Safety Code and site hazards.
- How to carry out pre-use checks.
- Awareness of controls and instruments.
- Correct procedures for mounting/dismounting.
- Operation of the hydraulic controls.
- Factors affecting stability.
- Manoeuvring in restricted areas.
- How to deal with driving on/off ramps and inclines.
- Laden Pallet handling, Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking.
- Road vehicle loading/unloading.
- Practical and theory examination.
The course is delivered between 1 and 5 days. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training along with interaction in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 5 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 3 days - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.