STRADDLE CARRIERS TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is designed for those who work within a role that involves the moving and handling of containers and ensures that delegates hold the required understanding of significant health and safety legislation. This understanding, along with an in-depth theoretical knowledge, will ensure that delegates carry out safe and efficient operation of straddle carriers. Training will also cover practical elements, providing delegates with a skillset which includes areas such as manoeuvring, inspection checks, and the stacking and de-stacking of containers. This course is accredited by ITSSAR and can be delivered at beginner and experienced levels, with refreshers also available.
The BITA group for these trucks is G1 Rider. In order to operate a truck with a different BITA code, delegates will need a conversion course.
Outline of Programme
- Understand responsibilities of an operator.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and Operator Safety Code.
- Carry out simple and advanced manoeuvring techniques.
- Inspection checks, site safety and risk assessment.
- Basic hydraulic systems.
- Stacking/de-stacking methods.
- Theory and practical examination.
The course is delivered between 1 and 5 days. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training along with interaction in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Beginner Courses; 5 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 3 days - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.