TRANSPORTABLE (VEHICLE MOUNTED) LIFT TRUCKS TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course provides delegates with an understanding of relevant legislation and how this is implemented into good working practice. Developing both a theoretical and practical understanding of controls, manoeuvring and stability will ensure that delegates are operating safely and efficiently. In addition, pre-use inspections, preparation and maintenance procedures will allow delegates to confirm the safety of the machinery before operation takes place. This course is fully accredited by ITSSAR and can be delivered at beginner and experienced levels, with refreshers also available.
The BITA group for these trucks is T Rider. In order to operate a truck with a different BITA code, delegates will need a conversion course.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Legal responsibilities according to PUWER 1998, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the manufacturer’s handbook and Operator Safety Code.
- Inspection of the truck before, during and after operation.
- Understanding and preventing hazards and risks.
- Hydraulic and motive controls.
- Stacking/unstacking at different heights and with both laden and un-laden pallets.
- Preparing for transportation including loading and unloading, correct battery charging methods and attaching/detaching to the transportation vehicle.
- Manoeuvring areas with limited space.
- Theory and practical assessments.
The Transportable (Vehicle Mounted) Lift Trucks course is delivered between 1 and 5 days. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training and are expected to interact in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 5 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 3 days - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.