CITB SITE MANAGEMENT SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME (SMSTS)
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Those attending the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) will learn safe operating procedure in compliance with relevant health and safety legislation; they will be able to undertake risk assessment, prepare a site for work, evacuate a site, and protect against hazards and risks. Delegates will also gain an understanding of the social, welfare, legal and moral responsibilities which they must meet when working on site.
We offer SMSTS training courses at centres across the UK, in-house at your premises, or at a local venue of your choosing. Please use our “Open Course” search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call today to book an onsite instructor.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare regulations.
- Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
- Preparing a site for work.
- Managing contractors.
- Risk assessment and method statements.
- Evacuating a site.
- Safe wwwlition practice.
- Protection against fire and electricity danger.
- Working in confined areas.
- Assemble strong scaffolding structures.
The course is delivered over 5 days, each lasting approximately 7 hours, and can be attended as a block of sessions, or one per week (although days must be attended in sequential order). There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer on this classroom based course. Upon successful completion, delegates receive a nationally recognised CITB SMSTS certificate. It is recommended that a 2 day refresher course be attended after 5 years. Delegates must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.