CHAINSAWS AND SKILL SAWS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is ideal for those working, or looking to work, in a role where they must operate chainsaws and/or skill saws. Training will provide delegates with a working knowledge of these saws as well as an understanding of correct maintenance. Delegates will also be informed of health and safety measures which they should undertake in order to protect themselves and those around them. This course can be delivered at novice or experienced level, with refreshers also available.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Health and safety: correct storage methods, safe operating procedures, common causes of accidents and how to prevent them, understand operational hazards, safety devices, identify the health and safety features of each saw, safety guards, protective clothing and equipment, complete pre-operational safety tests and checks, LEV System Isolation operation.
- Working knowledge: cutting techniques, understanding the various uses for each saw, identifying and understanding parts, lubricating the chain, using the correct fuel.
- Maintenance: cleaning process, routing care as described in the manufacturer’s instruction book, changing the chain, making adjustments, correct tools.
- Operation: starting from hot or cold, stopping the saw, using the correct equipment with the saw.
- Theory and practical assessments.
The Chainsaws and Skill Saws course is delivered over 1 day. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training and are expected to interact in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 1 day - maximum 6 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 6 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 1 day - maximum 6 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 6 staff per course.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.