ROAD ROLLERS TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This ITSSAR accredited training provides delegates with a working knowledge of road rollers, including their systems, controls and components. Delegates attending this course will also come away with an enhanced awareness of safety procedures and safe operation so that workplace accidents can be reduced. This course can be delivered to those at a novice or experienced level, or as a refresher course.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Safety procedures: pre-use inspections, close-down checks, prepare working areas such as roads (signs, barriers, markings, etc.), understand how to deal with varying conditions, prepare roller for moving.
- Working knowledge: controls, instruments, gauges, component names, material characteristics, basic construction, systems (fuel, lubrication, coolant), learning to identify unstable conditions for the roller, practicing correct staggers and overlaps.
- Operation: compacting, rolling, dealing with confined spaces, manoeuvring various terrains, routing checks and services, maintain cambers and crossfalls, routing services, loading onto the transporter, unloading off of the transporter.
- Legal duties: understanding relevant regulations, using the operator’s handbook.
- Theory and practical assessments.
The Road Roller course is delivered over 1 day and an ITSSAR accredited certificate will be issued upon completion. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training and are expected to interact in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 1 day - maximum 2 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 2 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 1 day - maximum 2 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 2 staff per course.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.