TRACTOR & TRAILER TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This ITSSAR accredited course ensures that delegates gain a good working knowledge of tractor and trailer machinery, including controls, instruments and trailer connections. Delegates will also be advised about uneven or inclined ground and be encouraged to plan their routes so that they are able navigate most terrains safely. This training can be delivered at novice or experienced level, or as a refresher, so delegates of any level may attend.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Safety: daily assessment, pre-operational checks, causes of common accidents and how to prevent them, safe parking, manoeuvring safely, protective clothing, emergency stop.
- Trailer: attach trailer safely, hydraulic connections, electrical connections, manoeuvring with the trailer attached (forward and reverse), hitching systems, learning capacity limits.
- Operation: driving, steering, transmissions, navigating difficult terrain (uneven ground, inclined surfaces, etc.), using the PTO shaft correctly.
- Working knowledge: controls, instruments, planning safe routes.
- Legal duties: comply with relevant regulations and legislation.
- Theory and practical assessments.
The Tractor and Trailer course is delivered between 1 and 3 days and an ITSSAR accredited certificate will be issued upon completion. Candidates must wwwnstrate a willingness to learn in both theoretical and practical training and are expected to interact in group activities. Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any health concerns, physical ailments or if special consideration should be taken.
- Novice Courses; 3 days - maximum 3 people per course.
- Refresher Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
- Experienced Courses; 1 day - maximum 3 people per course.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Maximum of 3 staff per course.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.