ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course teaches delegates of the safety issues pertaining to the use of abrasive wheel machinery. The syllabus covered will ensure that all delegates in attendence are fully aware of, and up to date with, safe useage requirements set out by the HSE. This training is aimed at operators, supervisors and managers who might have to select, mount, use or inspect abrasive wheels. The course gives delegates instructions on how to safely and efficiently use all types of cutting and grinding equipment including angle grinders, chop saws, pedestal grinders, disc cutters and cut off saws.
We offer abrasive wheels training courses at centres across the UK, in-house at your premises, or at a local centre of your choosing. Please use our “Open Course” search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call today to book an onsite instructor.
Outline of Programme
- HSE publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”.
- Training needs and statutory/legal requirements.
- Types of abrasive wheels and their characteristics.
- The manufacture of abrasive wheels.
- Abrasive wheel machine parts.
- The different speeds for abrasive wheels.
- Guards, rests and accessories.
- Dressing and balancing.
- Specific mounting procedure.
- How to manage hazards safely.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Inspection, testing for damage and reporting defects.
- Handling and storage.
The abrasive wheels training course lasts 3 hours and delegates will receive a certificate upon completion. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.