ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Our Asbestos Awareness course is ideal for those working in the construction industry and ensures that delegates understand how to avoid situations which might expose them to asbestos, which can cause serious health problems if inhaled. Training provides delegates with an awareness of where asbestos can be found as well as the knowledge of how to survey it and prevent its exposure by implementing safe working practice.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- What is asbestos and why is it dangerous?
- Compliance with regulations, such as HSE guidelines.
- Where is asbestos found? – Locations, materials and products.
- Properties of asbestos.
- Health problems caused by asbestos.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Exposure of asbestos and how it can be prevented.
- Completing asbestos surveys.
- Control measures and safe working practice.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE.)
- Removal of asbestos.
The course is delivered within half a day, over a 3 hour period and meets HSE requirements. There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer, with practical activities during the training and a multiple choice theory test afterwards. Upon successful completion, delegates receive nationally recognised certification valid for one year.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.