GANTRY CRANE OPERATOR TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is designed to provide delegates with a working knowledge, practical skillset and the full understanding of relevant health and safety standards required to operate a gantry crane correctly and legally. As well as this, delegates will be taught the preventative measures, maintenance and procedures to implement in order to ensure safe operation. Training also includes the basic techniques of slinging and signalling loads and movements within the workplace.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Knowledge of the Approved Codes of Practice.
- PPE requirements, maintenance and use.
- Estimate and determine load weight and centre of gravity.
- Understanding of crane control and the lifting tackle.
- Different attachments and their uses.
- Using crane signals and communications.
- Slinging and lifting.
- Attaching and lifting equipment to slings.
- Safe operation in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook.
The gantry crane operator training course lasts approximately one day. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Training will consist of both classroom theory, followed by a written test and practical hands on experience. Those successful will be awarded 3 year certification, allowing them to practice in the operation of gantry cranes. After this time a refresher course is recommended.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.