IPAF HARNESS USE AND INSPECTION TRAINING COURSES
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
A safety harness is a key control measure when working at height and, if used correctly, could prevent injury if the person wearing it were to fall. This training covers the procedures for safe use, fitting and inspection of safety harnesses and is designed for MEWP operators, their co-workers or anyone working from boom type platforms. Previous experience is not essential.
We offer IPAF training courses at centres across the UK, in-house at your premises, or at a local centre of your choosing. Please use our “Open Course” search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call today to book an onsite instructor.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Health and safety legislation.
- Examine fall arrest equipment.
- Choosing appropriate equipment.
- Harness familiarisation.
- Harness fitting procedure.
- Knowledge of connectors and anchor points.
- How to maintain safe equipment.
- Inspection process.
The IPAF harness use and inspection training course takes approximately half a day to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions. Assessment will be carried out through a multiple choice examination. A 5 year internationally recognised IPAF certificate will be awarded upon successful completion, or can be added onto a valid PAL card.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old and must comply with the IPAF Health & Fitness Statement.
- Candidates must supply own PPE in accordance with the IPAF Technical Guidance Note H1/05/05.
- On-site training must meet specific criteria, contact us for full details.
The following must be brought to the course:
1. Photographic ID (Passport or Photocard Driving Licence)
2. Full Body Harness & Short Restraint Lanyard including proof of inspection**
3. Safety Boots/ Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hard Hat & High Visibility Jacket
** Only required if doing 1b or 3b . Please note that if you are unable to provide the harness as detailed, these are available to purchase for £65 +VAT. You will not be permitted to complete the practical element of the training without a suitable harness. (our harnesses are standard size). Please call the office for sizing information.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.