FIRST AID AT WORK TRAINING (HSE)
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This is a high quality, intensive course that provides delegates with the vast set of practical skills necessary to respond to a range of first aid emergencies. Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with a certificate that enables them to become a designated workplace first aider in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. OFQUAL accreditation is available for a small extra fee and the course can be adapted to suit any particular requirements.
Our 3 day First Aid at Work training course is available at our centres throughout the UK or in-house at a venue of your choosing. Please use our Open Course search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call now to book an in-house instructor.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- First aid health and safety regulations.
- How to manage incidents calmly and safely.
- The examination of a casualty and further actions/treatments.
- Treatment of unconsciousness, Shock, bleeding, fractures, burns and scalds.
- How to deal with heart attacks, eye injuries and general common illnesses.
- Knowledge of basic life support.
- First aid kits and dressings.
- Recording and reporting injuries.
The First Aid at Work course is delivered over a three-day period. Students are independently examined on the final afternoon of the course. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years after which a re-qualification course becomes necessary. It is strongly recommended that you update your skills by taking an annual refresher.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.