FIRST PERSON ON SCENE (FPOS) TRAINING COURSES
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
The initial care received in the first few minutes of an emergency is often the most vital; this HSE approved course teaches delegates the skills associated with rapid assessment, stabilisation and transfer of both trauma victims and those suffering a medical emergency. The First Person on Scene (FPOS) training is an intermediate level course, although no previous experience is necessary and anyone with a desire to learn is able to attend. FPOS is fully recognised by the Security Industry Authority and endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Outline of Programme
- Determine the safety of the environment.
- Assessing the casualty.
- Primary survey – Danger, Response, Airway, Breathing (DRAB).
- Following primary survey, decide between using the Basic Life Support sequence or an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) if necessary.
- How to check a casualty’s circulation.
- Rapid treatment of Shock.
- Coping with trauma and helping others on the scene to do so.
The first person on scene (FPOS) training course lasts 5 days and can either be taken in-house or attended at an open course. Training is made up from a combination of both theory and practical sessions, designed to develop a good all round first aider. Delegates will receive a comprehensive handbook, assessment by an independent examiner and certification.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.